A few weeks ago my brother and his wife had a little baby girl! She is called Jasmine and is absolutely gorgeous <3 I wanted to make her something special that was useful, so decided to make a matching hat and headband set.
The pattern for the hat was found on Ravelry, the headband was created by me based on the bigger headbands I made, and I found the flower pattern in my Art of Crochet Magazine collection. They were really quick and easy to make which was really satisfying!
She looked so so so adorable! The hat was a little tighter than I would have liked, but hopefully it will stretch a bit the more she wears it :)
I’m thinking of making some baby-sized headbands to sell along with the bigger ones when I open my shop, what do you think?
Wow! I have been nominated as a versatile blogger by The Stitch Sharer, thank you so much! I have seen this award around a lot but since my blog is so new I didn’t expect to receive one at all!
1. Thank the person who gave you this award – Done! Thank you again :) I would recommend you visit her blog, it’s lovely and has great crochet tips!
2. Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
3. Say 7 things about yourself:
- I have been crocheting for 2 years and knitting for about 6 months
- I started crocheting by subscribing to The Art Of Crochet magazine. It was a really good way to learn! Each week you get a ball of yarn and a pattern to make a square which will eventually make a lovely throw! It also comes with other patterns and tips – I would really recommend it for both begginers and people who have been crocheting for a long time!
- I still haven’t completed the throw – oops!
- I am planning on opening an etsy shop in a few months
- I am currently designing patterns for my shop :)
- I have a long-term illness and I’m currently in the process of building up my health and strength after being severely ill and bedbound for a year
- I have a very old rabbit called Daisy and two little mice called Chocolate and Strawberry! We did have a kitten called Poppy but she was a bit vicious and seemed to be obsessed with attacking me, especially my face, so we had to give her away… We’re hoping to get another cat soon, hopefully a nice calm one ;)
Thank you again for the award, and thank you to all my readers and followers! I really appreciate all the comments and views, and I’m really enjoying sharing my life with you :)